就读于明尼苏达大学的留学生对于classification essay可能有些陌生，毕竟平时接触的比较少。运气好的学生可能到毕业都不会被要求写一篇classification essay。下面meeloun小编就对Classification Essay这类的文章进行了分析，并且以一篇sample essay为例进行分析指导。快和明尼苏达大学代写一起来看看！
In a classification essay, we organize things into categories and give examples of things that fit into each category. For example, if you choose to write about types of computers (PCs and servers), each of your developmental paragraphs will define the characteristics of a different computer type.
Before writing, it is necessary to decide on the classification criteria. We should think according to what properties we are going to classify things. The criteria must be discriminating and the emerging classes should be non-overlapping.
In the sample essay about types of computers, the computers are classified according to their functions and capabilities, as:
Sample essay analysis
topic: 5 types of computers criteria: their functions and capabilities
1. PC general use by a single person desktop: permanent
2. Workstation used for 3D graphics, game development powerful microprocessor, additional memory and enhanced capabilities
3. Server used to provide services to other computers have powerful processors, lots of memory and large hard drives
4. Main frame used in business enables hundreds of people to work together
5. Super computer used for jobs that take massive amounts of calculating very powerful
The introduction of a classification essay is quite straightforward. In the thesis statement, you mention that there are (number) types of (something) according to their (properties).
In the developmental paragraphs, you need to define each type you mentioned in the thesis. You may also need to show the similarities and/or differences of these types. Giving examples would enable your readers to understand better.
The common transitions used while classifying are the first kind / type / group, the second kind / type / group, the third kind / type / group.