A bouquet of yellow roses lend color and fragrance to the room.
bouquet是束的意思，a bouquet of roses之后紧跟的动词，应该是和bouquet保持一致性，而非roses。
A bouquet of yellow roses lends color and fragrance to the room.
2. Neither..nor / either…or / or，连接两个单数名词，紧跟的动词保持单数形式
My aunt or my uncle is arriving by train today.
Neither Juan nor Carmen is available.
Either Kiana or Casey is helping today with stage decorations.
3. Neither..nor / either…or /，同时连接单数和复数名词，动词跟着最近的名词走
Neither the plates nor the serving bowl goes on that shelf.
Neither the serving bowl nor the plates go on that shelf.
A car and a bike are my means of transportation.
5. along with / as well as / besides / not /连接名词时，请将它们忽略
The politician, along with the newsmen, is expected shortly.
Excitement, as well as nervousness, is the cause of her shaking.
6. there / here 之后的动词单数/复数，需和动词之后的名词保持一致性
There are four hurdles to jump.
There is a high hurdle to jump.
Here are the keys.
7. distances, periods of time, sums of money等同于一个可数名词
Three miles is too far to walk.
Five years is the maximum sentence for that offense.
Ten dollars is a high price to pay.
Ten dollars were scattered on the floor. (请思考为什么）
8. majority of / some of / all of 之后的名词单复数，决定动词的单复数
A lot of the pies have disappeared.
A third of the city is unemployed.
A third of the people are unemployed.
All of the pie is gone.
9. group/family/jury/audience/population 等之后的动词单复数，需和单词实际语义保持一致性
All of my family has/have arrived.
Most of the jury is/are here.
A third of the population was/were not in favor of the bill.
If Joe were here, you would be sorry.
I wish it were Friday.
She requested that he raise his hand.